Monday, February 04, 2013

The Forbidden Island



This is exactly what I look like when I'm writing.

I hate when other people write posts like this, so I apologize, but I spent a heck of a lot of time writing actual fiction last week and want to stop and celebrate for a minute. I turned in a short story for a prose anthology that I'm looking forward to talking about more later if the editor doesn't hate it. Hopefully he won't because it's about a missing woman, a forbidden island, a sinister industrialist, and a heroic pilot. And I had a blast writing it.

We'll call it "The Forbidden Island" for now, because that's how original I am with titles. If it actually makes it to publication, I'll reveal more.

5 comments:

Kal said...

Those sound like all the elements to a great plot. All you need to add is an evil octopus pulling all the strings and you gots yourself there a classic....oh and a kitty...and ray guns from the future....sorry, got carried away there. Write your own story.

Michael May said...

Yours is better. :)

Paxton said...

That sounds excellent. I can't wait to hear more. And hopefully read it. :-)

Pax

Kelly Sedinger said...

You hate posts like this? Umm...don't read the one I just wrote, then...but congrats!

Michael May said...

Ha! Actually, I'm following the progress of Princesses In SPACE!!! (not the actual title) with great interest. Congrats on finishing it, and good luck to you, Kelly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails