Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Cownt in "Get Outta Town"

An announcement about Tumblr doesn't feel like enough content today, so what follows is the complete first appearance of the Cownt from Tales from the Inner Sanctum, Volume 1. The book was a collection of horror stories inspired by the work of Steve Niles and was the first published work of both myself and artist Gavin Spence.

You can see that we were brand new to this whole Making Comics thing. I know I cringe at some of the text. I still like Gav's early stuff, but - as you'll see if you click that link above - he's improved a lot too since we did this. Still, it was a lot of fun and I'm proud of us for making it. Also of Jason Hanley for the lettering. He's awesome.













Incidentally, Tales from the Inner Sanctum, Volume 1 also featured a story by me and Jessica Hickman, who would go on to become one of the Cownt's strongest supporters and an artist on the Cownt Tales one-shot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails