Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quote of the Week: Skeezy-Eyed



A surprising number of people have asked INTERN ["Soooooo, where can I get a copy of your book?" while meaningfully eyeing the stack of review copies on her desk] since her book was published, and they always act surprised when she tells them they can find it in, you know, bookstores. Why is this surprising? If INTERN were a barber, would people look at her all skeezy-eyed and ask, "Soooooo, where can I get my beard trimmed?"
--The Intern, on the delicate subject of asking an author-acquaintance for a free copy of her book.

2 comments:

grandpaboy said...

Nice mention of The Intern, but where did you find that picture? I want to move to that room.

Michael May said...

No kidding! It's actually a bookstore in Europe (I forget which city and country). I've got the link around here somewhere, so I'll do another post about it once I locate it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails