Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Monster Week: Prometheus Linked

Prometheus Unbound

I've known for a long time that Thomas Edison's adaptation of Frankenstein was available online, but I just recently learned where. You can either go see a nice, big version at Internet Archive or just stay here and watch the smaller version below. It's only thirteen minutes long and it's surprisingly effective and suspenseful.



Pride and Prometheus

As long as I'm linking to free Frankenstein material, how about this Jane Austen/Frankenstein mash-up novella by John Kessel. (Thanks, Frankensteinia!)

I, Frankenstein

Kevin Grevioux (creator of and actor in Underworld) is working on a Frankenstein comic and movie. It's an action story where the modern-day Monster carries guns and meets up with other famous monsters like vampires, werewolves, mummies, goblins, ghosts, etc. Sounds good to me. Just keep Stephen Sommers far away from it.

2 comments:

Sleestak said...

Grevioux has been reading Morrison, i take it.

Michael May said...

Ha! Undoubtedly.

I love the character enough that I'm always interested when someone does a new take, but yeah, I hope Grevioux's is half as good as Morrison's.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails