Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What Looks Good: Movie Trailers

I love Dorian's blog for a lot of reasons, but one of my favorites is his occasional reviews of movie trailers. I don't always agree with him, but he consistently manages to let me know about some stuff I didn't know about, and remind me of some stuff I'd forgotten about.

Like this stuff here:



Push: I agree with Dorian that the Jumper vibe is too strong to be unreservedly enthusiastic, but that the cast is also too cool to dismiss. Chris Evans, Djimon Hounsou, the cave girl from 10,000 BC, and Dakota Fanning looking not half as annoyingly cute as usual all have me interested.

Timecrimes: Saw this trailer before They Call Me Bruce. Hooked.

Dark Streets: Didn't know about this one until Dorian pointed it out. Like he says, it's a jazz age murder mystery and that's all you need to know. Well, that and BB King did the soundtrack.

The Lodger: I love the Hitchcock silent version because of the story as much as for Hitchcock. It's been remade at least three times already (once with George Sanders; once with Jack Palance) and I've been wondering since I saw it when the next remake might be. It tickles me to no end to see that the new version will star Simon Baker (The Mentalist), Rachel Leigh Cook, and Alfred Molina.

Duplicity: In the course of two-and-a-half minutes, I went from being excited about a Clive Owen spy movie, to disappointed that it was an Ocean's Eleven rip-off, back to excited about a Clive Owen/Julia Roberts romantic comedy/caper movie.

The Uninvited: Violet from Lemony Snicket vs. Hand that Rocks the Cradle and some creepy imagery about black goo. I don't know why that works so well for me, but there you have it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails