Sunday, November 16, 2008

Music Meme: 1967

I think I want to start sneaking more off-topic stuff back into the blog. I'm going to keep it confined to Sundays so it doesn't get out of control, but sometimes a guy just needs to talk about Grey's Anatomy.

Today is not one of those times though. Getting my inspiration from Will Pfeiffer, I thought it would be fun to start listing my favorite albums from every year I've been alive. I'll try to do a new one every couple of weeks.

1967

The Doors: The Doors



I was tempted to list a Beach Boys album because I really, really liked the Beach Boys as a kid, but let's face it, whatever I chose was going to reflect a retroactive taste anyway. Any music I was listening to at less than a year old I don't remember. And though I didn't discover the Doors until the '90s (thanks, Val Kilmer!), they're the band - and especially this album - that I still like the best.

Runners up:

The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Magical Mystery Tour
Bob Dylan: Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits
The Beach Boys: The Best of the Beach Boys, Vol. 2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails