Monday, October 27, 2008

Fishnet Facts

Too much of a good thing?



Illustration by Chad Crayton.

The solicitation copy for December's issue of Birds of Prey makes it sound like Black Canary's also going to be in the November issue, even though the solicit for that one doesn't mention her. I'm not going to read anything into that, but it's such a non-chalant mention of her that I admit my first thought was to wonder if Black Canary's coming back to the series. And to my surprise, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea.

Mostly, I think my attitude has to do with money. I'm doing just fine reading about Black Canary in Green Arrow/Black Canary and Justice League of America. I'm not so deprived for stories about her that I'm interested in a paying another $3 a month for more of them.

On the other hand, she'd get a lot more focus in Birds of Prey than she does in Justice League of America, even though she leads the JLA. If I was only going to read two Black Canary comics, I'd be tempted to switch Justice League out for Birds of Prey.

I'm sure it's a moot point and that there aren't any plans to put Canary back in BoP on a regular basis. It just got me thinking is all. I'm thrilled that she's finally a popular character, but I wouldn't like having her become as well-liked as, say, Batman, so that I've got to make choices about which of her numerous comics I'm going to read.

How to make a Zatanna costume



Meagan VanBurkleo at the Girls Entertainment Network chronicles her creation of a Zatanna outfit. I got to see the finished product at MicroCon this year, so it's cool to see the thought that Meagan put into making it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails