Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Awesome List: More Indy, Mummy 3, Dinosaur Fetch, Sleestaks, Vampire Month, and the Hulk

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor



I have such low hopes for this movie that it can't possibly do anything but exceed my expectations. Which of course raises my expectations just enough that I'm bound to be disappointed. What a vicious cycle.

Coming so soon after Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, it's either going to suck even more by comparison or I'll cut it some extra slack because I'll really be missing Indy by then.

Anyway, there a website for it now.

New Hulk trailer

I'm sure everyone's seen this by now, but I'm still catching up on old news and just in case you've been in Haiti or someplace...

And did you notice that they worked the TV theme into the music at the end?

I'm so excited to see this, especially after Iron Man. I'm planning on sticking around after the credits too to see if what happened at the end of Iron Man also happens here. I'm betting it does.

Only two things disappoint me about the Hulk trailers so far. One is that William Hurt is so wrong for General Ross. Maybe we're not seeing the best parts in the trailers, but he just looks so sleepy.

The other thing I don't like is the design of the Hulk. He's not bad, but if you're doing an all-CGI character anyway, why not make him look really cool like this version?

You almost had me, new Land of the Lost movie!



I mean, those Sleetstaks look really frickin cool. But then I remembered it was a Will Farrell romantic comedy. Whew!

Lucas and Spielberg talk Indy

Entertainment Weekly did a very nice interview. There are some potential spoilers, so be careful, but there's also some cool info about the series in general. Like how Last Crusade was originally going to be Monkey King and feature a haunted castle.

May is Vampire Month



At least for First Second Books it is. And for Newsarama too. I've got a couple of vampire related posts coming over there this month in celebration.

Indiana Jones makes everything better, part four

Expedia's got Indiana-inspired travel packages for the summer. You can visit places like Egypt, India, Jordan, and Peru.

"Fetch wasn't as much fun before dogs."



Click through to see why.

Indiana Jones makes everything better, part five

Indy Kubrick with Golden Idol Be@rbrick. I really don't get those Be@rbrick's, but that Golden Idol one is pretty cool.

Indiana Jones makes everything better, part six



I totally want to eat with something called an Adventure Spoon. And Kellogg's especially rules for actually putting it in the box instead of making you send off for it (unlike the Search Light). Gotta go get me some Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Well, I used to like Catcher in the Rye

That is until I learned that J.D. Salinger said that Raiders of the Lost Ark "might be excused for its unwitty, unfunny awful socko-ness if it had been put together by Harvard Lampoon seniors." Oh, J.D...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails