Monday, April 28, 2008

MicroCon 2008



My photos from MicroCon 2008 are up at Flickr. Click the image above to see the whole set.

It was a really fun, really busy show. We handed out lots of Jesse James vs. Machine Gun Kelly preorder coupons and a lot of folks had already heard about the book.



There were a lot of girls and women at the show. Not just people who'd been dragged there by their husbands or boyfriends, but exploring and enjoying the show either in groups or alone with no male accompaniment. The Minnesota conventions have always been family shows with lots of kids, but it was really, really cool to see so many solo girls and women.



I picked up a few sketches I'll have to scan later. Paul Taylor (Wapsi Square) drew a Black Canary for me, Grant Gould did a great color sketch of the Lizard for my son David, and - also for David - The Batman Strikes! artist Christopher Jones sketched Killer Croc.



It was also interesting to learn that Darth Vader is a Grant Gould fan. I'm not surprised, but it was cool to see.



Lots more on Flickr, so go check 'em out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails