Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Haiti: Day Three

This one'll be shorter than yesterday.

The demonstrations have spread out to this part of the city, but everyone seems to think it'll blow over soon. Mainly it's just people burning tires in the road and holding sticks and rocks. That shuts down the roads and draws attention to the suffering that's going on, but most people honor the "strikes" and no one gets hurt. This is all really new to me though and it bothers me knowing that I can't just leave if I want to. We're scheduled to be here another week though, so there's plenty of time for the situation to improve.

In brighter news, the kids picked some mango yesterday from the tree in the yard. I've eaten cooked mango and dried mango before, but this was the first time I'd ever eaten it fresh and raw. Delicious.

Might write more today if I feel motivated. Right now I'm still just getting used to everything.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails