Monday, February 11, 2008

The Awesome List: Indiana Jones, Giant Monsters, Albert Einstein’s secret doomsday device, and the Return of TV



Indy's hat and jacket

IndianaJones.com has a new featurette about Indy's iconic look and trying to recreate it for the new movie.

Indy's trailer

Apparently, the teaser trailer for Indy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be attached to The Spiderwick Chronicles when it hits theaters on Thursday. I also saw something on IndianaJones.com earlier today about the trailer's TV and 'net debuts, but I can't find it now. Either I've gone stupid (entirely possible) or the info was released prematurely or is being changed. I'll let you know which once I know.

Giant Robots are stupid.

According to TechRepublic.

Oh, wait. No, they're not.

Says Jeremiah Tolbert.

Three Days to Never

According to Bookgasm, Tim Powers' Three Days to Never contains all of my favorite things: "hidden histories ... spirits, spies, talking disembodied heads, dybbuks, time travel, Charlie Chaplin’s quest for magical power, Albert Einstein’s secret doomsday device, and about a million other awesome things." So totally sold.

Welcome back, TV.

With the WGA strike all but officially over, TV Guide has a new strike chart up predicting when we'll start seeing new episodes of our favorite shows. Here are the ones that interest me:

Battlestar Galactica: Returns April 4 with first half of 20-episode final season. Production on second half could start as early as March. Airdate for those TBD.

The Big Bang Theory: Expected to shoot 5 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May.

Burn Notice: Production on Season 2 expected to get underway in late April. New episodes could start airing as early as July.

Chuck: No new episodes until fall.

Grey's Anatomy: Expected to shoot 4 to 7 new episodes to air in April/May

House: Expected to shoot 4 to 6 new episodes to air in April/May.

Jericho: Seven episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season.

Lost: Six pre-strike episodes remain. Six additional episodes could air this season.

Men in Trees: Eleven pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected this season.

The Office: Expected to shoot 5 to 10 new episodes to air in April/May.

Private Practice: Slim chance it could return with 4 or 5 new episodes this season. Either way, it'll be back in the fall.

Pushing Daisies: No new episodes until fall.

Scrubs: Four pre-strike episodes remain. Four additional episodes will likely be shot; unclear whether they'll air on NBC or go straight to DVD.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Five pre-strike episodes remain. Future beyond that TBD.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new Indy trailer will be broadcast Feb. 14 on Good Morning America, sometime between 8-9 am. It will then be available online at the official site.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'll watch it. I may just begin watching it, to see how they establish Indy's return (ie. footage from previous films, etc).

But I noticed a few years ago that skipping the trailers was one of the best ways to go into a film "cold". I'd really like to see Indy 4 knowing almost nothing about it- the way I did with the original 3.

Michael May said...

Just realized I forgot to thank you for this, so thanks! It was helpful in my updating.

Michael May said...

And you bring up an interesting thing about spoilers. I struggle with how much information I want to know too.

I started writing more about this, but it's turning into a full-sized post, so I'll say more about it there. Thanks for the blog food!

Anonymous said...

Hey glad I could help.

So the trailer is now up, and I'm really starting to rethink the whole "spoiler" issue. LOL

But I've been obsessed with this film since the rumors first began back in 1993. I guess I can hang on a little bit longer.

I feel like Indy closing in on the Cross of Coronado, or Henry Sr. realizing that the Grail is within his grasp. The scary part is going to be after May 22, when I have no more Indy 4 to pursue. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails