Wednesday, January 10, 2007

But I know the hat will

Over Christmas I got way behind on keeping up with the news, so I'm still catching up. For instance, my pal Grant posted something in his LiveJournal about the fourth Indiana Jones movie's moving forward again. George Lucas said in a quick interview that filming would begin this year and that they're shooting for a May 2008 release.

Since then, Variety has firmed up some details. Apparently, the script by David Koepp (Spider-Man, War of the Worlds) has been finalized and filming starts in June. I'm a little vague on whether or not Steven Spielberg has been confirmed as director for the film, but he does say that he's very pleased with how the script turned out and that it was "well worth the wait." Harrison Ford says he's up to the physical challenge of the role. "I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends," he said. "I don't know if the pants still fit, but I know the hat will."

1 comment:

West said...

I'm not excited about this, but I never did get into those films. I don't know one from the other and I certainly don't know anyone's names besides the title character.

My memory of them is little more than flashes of cool moments that I either saw on dvd, in commercials, or spoofed on other shows.

Still, if they think they've got a story worth telling, with his old @$$, more power to'em.

I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails